St. Katharine Drexel Parish Committees
Stewardship (sharing your God-given gifts) Opportunities
Index (Committees or groups) in alphabetical order:
Building and Grounds Committee
This committee, working closely with the council and school administrator, is in charge of the care and upkeep of all parish sites. Contact Mike firstname.lastname@example.org.
Catholic Women’s Society
The aim of the Catholic Women Society is to promote spirituality, friendship and a welcoming spirit within the Catholic community and serves the parish at Mass, in prayers and in parish and community volunteerism.
- Some of the ways that the Society members volunteer in the Church community are:
- Facilitate receptions for parish seminarians and priests.
- Formation and support of Pro-Life activities in conjunction with other parish committees.
- Help sponsor the parish feast celebration.
- Monetary donations for Eucharistic hosts and wine and the St. Katharine Drexel Shrine.
- Participate in the after Mass Hospitality Program.
- Provide educational forum for parishioners on Catholic legislative issues.
- Provide honorary pallbearers and recitation of rosary for members who pass away. Facilitate funeral dinners for parishioners.
- Special visits and prayers for all members and honorary members who are homebound, ill assisted living and/or nursing home facilities.
- Sponsor a Day of Reflection / Annual retreat.
- Sponsor parish cancer “Relay for Life” team.
- Support youth activities for servers, confirments, college students, St. Katharine Drexel School students (particularly technology and band programs), scrip program, school lunch program.
CONTACT EDWINA CAMPNELL @887-2732 OR CALL THE PARISH CENTER AT 887-2082.
Wonderful and faith-filled Hispanic leaders work together to build community and equip parishioners to become intentional disciples. If interested in joining this group, call Fr. Erick at 920-887-2082 email@example.com.
Human Concerns Committee
Guided by the Sacred Scriptures, the traditions of the Catholic Church, and the faithful of our Community, the Human Concerns Committee serves the Parish and the surrounding community as an agent of communal love and social justice. The Committee's ministry falls into four categories:
- Advocacy: Having contact with organizations which advocate public policies that treat all people with justice.
- Direct Service: Assisting the parish and the community perform works of charity
- Education: Teaching and encouraging the integration of love and justice into all parish ministries
- Empowerment: Connecting the parish to organizations that help people help themselves.
We inter-relate with other groups also, namely Habitat for Humanity, Parish Nurse, Volunteers in Action, Bereavement ministry and many outreach programs.
- Some of the projects we sponsor through the year are:
- $$ for Life Campaign
- Baby Shower to benefit “Clothes for Kids”
- Christmas poinsettias to shut-ins
- Craft Sale from “Around the World”
- Earth Day Awareness
- Food Pantry Collection
- Giving Tree to collect hats, mittens, etc. in December
- Mother’s Day Rose Sale – sponsored by “Right to Life”
- Operation Rice Bowl (Lenten project)
- Prison Ministry Christmas gift program
- Promote CROP Walk in October
- Providing a meal and bingo for elderly
- Sending birthday cards, etc.
- Special Collections
Contact Ed Cody in the Parish Center with questions.
Knights of Columbus
A fraternal group of Catholic men whose activities support the community with acts and works of charity.
Life Long Faith Formation
St. Katharine Drexel Parish has developed opportunities for lifelong religious education for our Catholic families and individuals providing formation in the Faith. We continue the support of our families in our Christian faith by providing a quality, affordable and effective Catholic elementary school.
- Caring Hearts Ministry - This ministry provides home visitation to those parishioners who are unable to leave their homes so that they can stay connected with the rest of our parish family. If you are interested in this ministry, please contact Alice Matson at 920-210-9376.
- God’s Creative Hands - This ministry makes prayer shawls and they also make hats, mittens and scarves to be handed out to those in need. If you are interested in this ministry, please contact Ya-Fen at 920-887-2082 ext 109.
- Homebound/Nursing Home Communion - This ministry brings Communion to those who are not able to leave their homes/nursing homes/care centers. The visitation is scheduled on the First Friday of the month or you may call Shirley Lunde at 920-885-6840 SAL0832@hotmail.com to schedule a different time.
- Prayer Network - This ministry provides prayer support as requested. If you are interested in this ministry, please contact Pat Yagodinski at 920-885-6884.
- Prison and Jail Ministry - Dodge County has a number of correctional facilities. In ministry to those who are incarcerated, St. Katharine Drexel has an active prison ministry. Father Mike celebrates Mass at the maximum security correctional facility in Waupun. Father Vince with other volunteers visit the Dodge County Jail on a weekly basis to celebrate Mass. Volunteers from St Katharine Drexel visit the Fox Lake correctional facility on Monday evenings for discussion group meetings and communion services. If you would like to participate in visiting those in prison, Deacon Ed at 920-382-2215 firstname.lastname@example.org
Shepherd Ministry - This ministry reaches out to those in grief after a death in their family. Expressions of sympathy and support are made by phone, personal visits, and by mail. For further information or to join this ministry, contact Dave Kalscheur at 920-887-0630 email@example.com
Parish Finance Council
The Financial Planning Committee consists of the pastor and ten members. The committee works to establish and oversee an annual budget and works with the pastor in fiscal and administrative matters, as well as overseeing investments of the Parish. Contact Chris Brooks at 920-928-3471 firstname.lastname@example.org.
Parish Pastoral Council
St. Katharine Drexel Parish Council has its finger on the pulse of the parish, thereby encouraging nourishing, managing and maintaining the spiritual, fiscal / financial, and human concerns of the parish. The Council meets the first Tuesday of the month. Contact Mark at 920-887-1612 email@example.com
Prayer and Worship Committee
This committee nourishes and gives direction to all liturgical aspects of Parish Life. They stress that Mass and the Eucharist are central to our Catholic faith and our faith development.
The committee helps to ensure that parishioners are provided with opportunities to deepen faith through a variety of prayer experiences, liturgical celebrations, and care of the environment and art of our worship sites. The Committee assists the staff in recruiting and training lay ministers
EUCHARISTIC MINISTERS - Extraordinary Ministers of Holy Communion(Eucharistic Ministers) distribute the Eucharist to parishioners at Mass. We are always in need of more volunteers to become involved in this ministry. If you are interested in joining or would like additional information, please contact Mary Ann Firehammer at 887-1108, firstname.lastname@example.org.
LECTORS - Lectors proclaim the Word of God at Mass. They also read the Prayers of the Faithful and any announcements. If you are interested in joining this ministry or would like additional information, please contact Joe at 920-344-4553 email@example.com
MASS SERVERS - Altar Servers serve God and God’s people at Mass by assisting the priest. They have duties before, during and after Mass. If you are interested in joining this ministry or would like additional information, please contact Tanya Diggins at 920-887-2082 ext. 110, firstname.lastname@example.org
MINISTERS OF HOSPITALITY - The Ministers of Hospitality are representatives of a caring community. They greet parishioners at the doors, assist in locating seating, help to take up the collection, usher people from their pews, hand out worship aids and bulletins, and attend to the needs of those present at Mass. If you are interested in joining this ministry or would like additional information, please contact Tanya Diggins at 920-887-2082 ext. 110, email@example.com
SACRISTANS - Sacristans are responsible for preparing the sanctuary for the liturgy. Contact Coletta Cody at 920-887-0548, 920-382-4033(cell) or firstname.lastname@example.org
MUSIC MINISTRY: contact Tanya Diggins at 920-887-2082 ext.110 or email@example.com
- CANTOR - Cantors lead the congregation in song at Masses scheduled throughout the year. A cantor needs to be able to confidently sing alone and have some proficiency in reading music.
- CHOIR, ADULT - Meets September to Pentecost and leads the congregation in song.
- CHOIR, CHILDREN'S - Includes grades 1 through 5.
- CHOIR, CHIME- The chime choir accompanies some of our Masses throughout the year. It requires no previous musical experience and the rehearsals will be determined before each celebration.
- CHOIR, FUNERAL- The funeral choir sings at all funerals. They meet one hour before the service for rehearsal.
- CHOIR, SPANISH - This choir is open to all ages and sings at the 12:00pm Spanish Mass. They meet at 11:15 for rehearsal. We are also looking for more guitar players with this group
- INSTRUMENTS AND ACCOMPANISTS - Instrumentalists are always welcome to play at Mass. Music can be sent early and extra rehearsals can be arranged if needed. Anyone who would like to accompany at Mass on the piano and/or organ are also encouraged. Schedules are based on your availability and training will be provided.
School Committee (Board)
The Board has six (6) basic functions and the competence in performing these functions will determine its effectiveness. Three of the functions, planning, policy-making and public relations, are primary, but all are essential for an effective board operation. The other three functions are: advancement, evaluation, and assisting in hiring of the administrator. Contact Beth Jens.
School Endowment Committee
The committee manages the school endowment fund. Contact Joe at 920-344-4553 firstname.lastname@example.org.
Strategic Planning Committee
The Strategic Planning Committee has been formed to complete the first step in our future renovation project of the church. The purpose of this committee is to develop a strategic plan of action by gathering information, assessing our current structure, needs, and finances, and to organize and communicate. When this process is complete, they will share their findings and engage the parish in a visioning process.
Time / Talent / Treasure/Stewardship Committee
Serves parish leadership in their efforts to educate their community about the concept of true stewardship.
The Time, Talent & Treasure Committee encourages our Catholic Community to use their gifts of time, talent and treasure for the betterment of the Catholic Community and the larger community. The committee implements the annual survey and distributes all interests to the appropriate committee or organization. The Committee has also organizes a "Welcome Folder" which includes information on our church and school. This folder is intended to be distributed to all new members. Contact Gail Nampel at email@example.com.