Parish Finance Council
The Financial Planning Committee consists of the pastor and ten members. The committee works to establish and oversee an annual budget and works with the pastor in fiscal and administrative matters, as well as overseeing investments of the Parish. Contact Chris Brooks at 920-928-3471 [email protected].
Parish Pastoral Council
St. Katharine Drexel Parish Council has its finger on the pulse of the parish, thereby encouraging nourishing, managing and maintaining the spiritual, fiscal / financial, and human concerns of the parish. The Council meets the first Tuesday of the month. Contact Julie at [email protected]
Building and Grounds Committee
This committee is in charge of the care and upkeep of all parish sites. Contact Nathan Eggers - [email protected]n.
Wonderful and faith-filled Hispanic parishioners that work together to build community and become intentional disciples. If interested in joining this group, call Fr. Sergio at 920-887-2082.
Human Concerns Committee
Guided by the Sacred Scriptures, the traditions of the Catholic Church, and the faithful of our Community, the Human Concerns Committee serves the Parish and the surrounding community as an agent of communal love and social justice. The Committee's ministry falls into four categories:
- Advocacy: Having contact with organizations which advocate public policies that treat all people with justice.
- Direct Service: Assisting the parish and the community perform works of charity
- Education: Teaching and encouraging the integration of love and justice into all parish ministries
- Empowerment: Connecting the parish to organizations that help people help themselves.
We inter-relate with other groups also, namely Habitat for Humanity, Parish Nurse, Volunteers in Action, Bereavement ministry and many outreach programs. Some of the projects we sponsor through the year are: “Clothes for Kids,” Christmas poinsettias to shut-ins, Earth Day Awareness, Food Pantry collection, Giving Tree to collect hats, mittens, etc. in December, Mother’s Day Rose Sale, Operation Rice Bowl (Lenten project), prison ministry Christmas gift program, CROP Walk, special collections.
Contact Ed Cody:
Lifelong Faith Formation Council
The purpose of our committee is to support, encourage and vision for lifelong faith Formation which includes the following:
- Adult/Parent Education
- Children Grades K-11
- Sacramental Formation
- Youth and Young Adult Ministry
For Information about our committee, please contact Rita Nowak, Committee Secretary.
Prayer and Worship Committee
This committee nourishes and gives direction to all liturgical aspects of Parish Life. They stress that Mass and the Eucharist are central to our Catholic faith and our faith development. The committee helps to ensure that parishioners are provided with opportunities to deepen faith through a variety of prayer experiences, liturgical celebrations, and care of the environment and art of our worship sites. The Committee assists the staff in recruiting and training lay ministers.
- Eucharistic Ministers - Extraordinary Ministers of Holy Communion(Eucharistic Ministers) distribute the Eucharist to parishioners at Mass. We are always in need of more volunteers to become involved in this ministry. If you are interested in joining or would like additional information, please contact Mary Ann Firehammer at 887-1108, [email protected].
- Lectors - Lectors proclaim the Word of God at Mass. They also read the Prayers of the Faithful and any announcements. If you are interested in joining this ministry or would like additional information, please contact Joe at 920-344-4553 [email protected]
- Mass Servers - Altar Servers serve God and God’s people at Mass by assisting the priest. They have duties before, during and after Mass. If you are interested in joining this ministry or would like additional information, please contact Tanya Diggins at 920-887-2082 ext. 310, [email protected]
- Ministers of Hospitality - The Ministers of Hospitality are representatives of a caring community. They greet parishioners at the doors, assist in locating seating, help to take up the collection, usher people from their pews, hand out worship aids and bulletins, and attend to the needs of those present at Mass. If you are interested in joining this ministry or would like additional information, please contact Tanya Diggins at 920-887-2082 ext. 310, [email protected]
- Sacristans - Sacristans are responsible for preparing the sanctuary for the liturgy. Contact John Leiting at 920-210-0580, [email protected]harinedrexelbd.org
- Music Ministry - Includes cantors, instrumentalists and accompanists, and people for these choirs: adult, children's,Spanish, funeral, and chime. Contact Tanya Diggins at 920-887-2082 ext.310 or [email protected]
The committee has six basic functions. Three of the functions are planning, policy-making and public relations. The other three functions are: advancement, evaluation, and assisting in hiring of the administrator. The School Committee meets every third Tuesday of the month at 7 p.m.
School Endowment Committee
The committee manages the school endowment fund. Contact the Parish Center for any inquires.
Time/ Talent/ Treasure/ Stewardship Committee
Serves parish leadership in their efforts to educate their community about the concept of true stewardship. The Time, Talent & Treasure Committee encourages our Catholic Community to use their gifts of time, talent and treasure for the betterment of the Catholic Community and the larger community. The committee implements the annual survey and distributes all interests to the appropriate committee or organization. Contact Janice Tischer at [email protected].