|Knights of Columbus||
Society of St. Vincent de Paul
Catholic Women’s Society
Catholic Women’s Society
The aim of the Catholic Women Society is to promote spirituality, friendship and a welcoming spirit within the Catholic community and serves the parish at Mass, in prayers and in parish and community volunteerism. Some of the ways that the Society members volunteer in the Church community are:
- Facilitate receptions for parish seminarians and priests.
- Formation and support of Pro-Life activities in conjunction with other parish committees.
- Help sponsor the parish feast celebration.
- Monetary donations for Eucharistic hosts and wine and the St. Katharine Drexel Shrine.
- Participate in the after Mass Hospitality Program.
- Provide educational forum for parishioners on Catholic legislative issues.
- Provide honorary pallbearers and recitation of rosary for members who pass away.
- Facilitate funeral dinners for parishioners.
- Special visits and prayers for all members and honorary members who are homebound, ill, in assisted living and/or nursing home facilities.
- Sponsor a Day of Reflection / Annual retreat.
- Sponsor parish cancer “Relay for Life” team.
- Support youth activities for servers, confirments, college students, St. Katharine Drexel School students (particularly technology and band programs), scrip program, school lunch program.
Call the Parish Center for more information.
Knights of Columbus
A fraternal group of Catholic men whose activities support the community with acts and works of charity. Click here to go to website.
- Caring Hearts Ministry: This ministry provides home visitation to those parishioners who are unable to leave their homes so that they can stay connected with the rest of our parish family. If you are interested in this ministry, please contact Alice Matson at 920-210-9376.
- God’s Creative Hands: This ministry makes prayer shawls and they also make hats, mittens and scarves to be handed out to those in need. If you are interested in this ministry, please contact Ya-Fen at 920-887-2082 ext 109.
- Homebound/Nursing Home Communion: This ministry brings Communion to those who are not able to leave their homes/nursing homes/care centers. The visitation is scheduled on the First Friday of the month or you may call Shirley Lunde at 920-885-6840 [email protected] to schedule a different time.
- Prayer Network: This ministry provides prayer support as requested. If you are interested in this ministry, please contact Pat Yagodinski at 920-885-6884.
- Prison and Jail Ministry: Dodge County has a number of correctional facilities. In ministry to those who are incarcerated, St. Katharine Drexel has an active prison ministry. Father Mike celebrates Mass at the maximum security correctional facility in Waupun. Father Vince with other volunteers visit the Dodge County Jail on a weekly basis to celebrate Mass. Volunteers from St Katharine Drexel visit the Fox Lake correctional facility on Monday evenings for discussion group meetings and communion services. If you would like to participate in visiting those in prison, Deacon Ed at 920-382-2215 [email protected]
- Shepherd Ministry: This ministry reaches out to those in grief after a death in their family. Expressions of sympathy and support are made by phone, personal visits, and by mail. For further information or to join this ministry, contact Dave Kalscheur at 920-887-0630 [email protected]